Tuesday, August 28, 2012

So about that new Diablo 3 patch...

Please keep in mind that I am in no way a pro in this game. I have been playing since it came out, yes, but I have yet to get a char to level 60, I'm currently on Hell Act II with my most advanced character. So this comes from a fairly regular player and not an ultra pro gamer prude. Also, I only play a most two hours a day so I can't say I grind for gear... Why the intro?
If you've played Diablo 3 since the latest patch came out, you'll agree with me: It's difficulty level has been downgraded quite a bit. It's not that monsters are weaker or hit for less... It's just that they drop perhaps three times as much loot as they did before, and it's not like it's better loot.
You might say that with three times as much loot it should be three times as likely to get good items but that, at least as far as I can tell, is not the case. You might end up getting a third of what you used to get. And I did believe the loot system was a little stingy before with good items, but now it's just ridiculous.
Why do I say it's gotten easier? With that much loot you can easily get up to 50k in like half an hour. And, contrary to what I had expected, AH prices are the same as they were before the patch. So you end up being able to spend a lot more gold there and therefore equip yourself way better.
As I said, I haven't gotten to the Paragon levels yet but as they add 3% to your magic find I would assume this only keeps getting worse, or better. Depending on how you see it.
So Blizzard, what would I have liked instead of this? Remember how you used to get yellow items not very often? And how frustrating it felt to finally get one and notice it's not even worth picking up? It would have been nice if, instead of these endless stream of useless but quite pricey junk, there had been a slightly higher chance of getting an item that I would actually put on, not just pass on to the nearest merchant.
It would have been nice to be able to get loot more closely related to the class you're using when crafting and not making it a matter of how much gold you can spend.
Still, it's a great game and I hope I get to the Paragon levels soon to see what they're all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment