Sunday, September 9, 2012

Exclude yourself from Google Analytics

A few days after I started this blog I decided to set up Google Analytics since I'd read very nice things about it all over the place. Ok, so I set it up and started noticing how biased my results were toward were I live so I instantly started wondering if my own visits, due to me writing the posts, were getting counted. Turns out, they were. Since I'm starting out from scratch and don't get that many visitors this was seriously screwing me up. So if you're in a similar situation, after trying countless ways to avoid this I finally found a working one. No need to exclude IP addresses, nothing. All you have to do is install an extension in your browser of choice. This one, brought to you by the smart folks in Mountain View. Happy blogging.
PS: You have to do this in every computer you check you blog from.

No comments:

Post a Comment